There are many different types of treatment centers available for an individual in need, and it is essential to select a treatment center that meets one’s needs. There are a plethora of methods to employ when searching for a treatment center in LA. An individual in need of treatment should consider his or her options before simply attending the first treatment center he or she comes across. While the ultimate goals attaining and maintaining sobriety are prioritized across the board, there are many different foci and specialties any given treatment center may have. In addition to a general Internet search, any hospital, clinic or mental health provider will be able provide recommendations regarding available substance abuse and addiction treatment programs.
What to Look For
Every substance abuse and addiction treatment center will be different. It is important to do your due diligence when selecting the treatment center that is the best fit. Certain aspects such as service setting, duration of program, cost, living quarters (for residential programs), dual diagnoses/ specialized rehabs, geographical location of program, and aftercare network should all be considered when selecting a treatment center. The best way to start a search is to consider one’s personal needs and obtain clarity surrounding the various options available.
- Service setting: consider which type of treatment may be a best fit such as residential inpatient treatment or outpatient treatment.
- Is a co-ed program acceptable?
- Duration of program: the duration of a treatment program can range from fourteen days to three months, or longer. How long would your ideal treatment program last?
- Cost: most treatment centers have fees associated with its attendance. Some rehabs take insurance as a form of payment while others do not. Make sure you are privy to the costs associated as well as your personal medical insurance benefits (if applicable) prior to committing to a treatment program.
- Living quarters: it is important for an individual to feel comfortable with their living accommodations, as an individual that elects to reside at a treatment facility will be there throughout the duration of the program.
- Specialized rehab: there are several different types of specialized rehab treatment programs available; would you benefit from the following:
- Dual diagnosis rehab (best for individuals who suffer from an additional mental health disorder)
- Holistic rehab
- Alcohol and drug detox
- Geographical location: where is the location of the treatment center and does your situation allow for you to either commute there or reside there?
- Aftercare network: it is common practice for a treatment program to create an aftercare plan with its participants prior to one’s completion of the program. Inquiring about the aftercare network of rehab program and being aware of its presence prior to one’s completion can be helpful in the subsequent transition process.
We employ a variety of therapeutic modalities, and tailor each treatment plan to meet the unique needs of each of our clients. At Haven House Addiction Treatment, we feel it is essential to help our residents implement and integrate healthy daily living practices. We encourage regular exercise, maintaining a healthy diet and obtaining adequate sleep, nightly. Assisting our clients to co- create a sustainable daily plan that helps him or her maintain sobriety is of utmost importance.
For Information and Support
If you are concerned for yourself or a loved one in regards to substance abuse and/ or addiction we recommend reaching out for help as soon as possible. If left untreated, substance abuse can result in long lasting and potentially life-threatening consequences. Keep in mind: you are not alone! There is an entire network of professionals that are available to help and support you and your loved one throughout the recovery process. The earlier you seek support, the sooner your loved one can return to a happy, healthy and fulfilling life.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions regarding our specific program at Haven House Addiction Treatment and/ or general substance abuse and/ or addiction treatment related information. Our highly trained staff is readily available to discuss how we might best be able to help you and your loved one.